The Fundamental Values are:
The rule of law
Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
What do these mean at Manor?
- We listen to everyone's views.
- We debate arguments for and against.
- We all get involved.
- We express our views in a positive and supportive way.
- We vote and respect the majority.
LEARNING EVALUATION GROUP (LEGS) - listen to children's view of the curriculum.
School Council - weekly views gathered from classes.
Debating Club - Debates integrated into our curriculum e.g. persuasion
Talk / Learning partners
Children involved in our decision making, e.g. which charities do we support, how do we plan our curriculum?
Rule of Law
- We make sure that our rules and expectations are clear to all children and adults.
- We teach the difference between right and wrong. We focus on good choices and bad choices.
- We know that the rules keep us safe.
- We respect the rules.
- We understand that there will be consequences when bad choices are made.
- We take responsibility for our own behaviour including our learning behaviour.
- We challenge inequalities and labelling others.
- We have zero tolerance of bullying.
- We promote self-esteem and self-confidence.
Respect and Tolerance
- We promote all values including respect.
- We have respect for our own and others' cultures.
- We discuss differences in faith, ethnicity, disability, gender and families.